Building Information Modeling has gained acceptance in market sectors other than home building. BIM has become a requirement for large and complex projects, but even with the current upturn in the housing market, many builders - and the designers who serve them - are hesitant to get involved.
At the SCRUG BIM Housing Forum, a panel of the leading residential architects and builders in Orange County will discuss their outlook with regard to Building Information Modeling. The purpose of the conference is to promote the awareness, adoption and use of BIM and other advanced technologies within the housing industry in Southern California.
The BIM-4-Homebuilders Conference will define and clarify:
- What is happening in the residential BIM world? What is possible?
- What does "collaboration" really mean?
- How can we reduce cost and/or increase profit.
- How does BIM support Lean, Green, and Sustainable architecture?
- What is the "MacLeamy Curve" and why is it important?
- How and where do we get started with BIM?
The conference will open with an informal mixer/meet & greet followed by the forum discussions. Questions from the audience will follow each topic. The event will be held at the Marconi Automotive Museum, a unique local venue which supports charities for children in Orange County and beyond.
Please join us on June 27th for this fun, exciting and important event!